Unity Developer – Intern
About OddBird Studio:
OddBird Studio is an independent game design studio, originating in Oakville, Ontario, Canada. Founded in 2016, we have developed games for arcades, homes, and community projects. We have won local and international awards recognizing our talent for designing games that bring people together through play.
The Unity Developer will be responsible for designing and developing the core functionality of the game which includes but is not limited to programming UI systems, gameplay features, optimization and refactoring and porting to mobile device platforms.
Type of Position: Internship
- Duration: May 2019 – August 2019
- Hours: 9am-5pm, Monday – Friday
The main responsibilities of the position are to:
- Collaborate with designers, offering design input and solutions to various aspects of the games development (UI and gameplay systems, save systems, mobile development, etc )
- Produce technical documents outlining the functionality of custom-built tools and systems
- Write clear, maintainable, portable and highly functional code
- Collaborate with programming team to optimize code for mobile devices
- Implement bug fixes identified through QA testing
- Gather, acknowledge, and respond to internal feedback
- Work collaboratively with team members from different disciplines
- A strong understanding of Unity and programming in C#
- An understanding of vector math and physics fundamentals
- An understanding of game design and game feel
- A willingness to adapt and iterate designs
- Strong written and oral communication
- Creative thinking and problem solving
- A passion for video games
Submit your application via email to email@example.com. Include your name and the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Why OddBird Studio?
We have donuts, bagels and other holed foods!
We’re also a young company powered by big ideas, determination and a welcoming comradery. Our objective is to produce fun, stylish, and satisfying experiences which are suitable for the entire family. We are a highly collaborative team, respecting the voices of our entire team. At OddBird Studio you are not a timbit lost in the mix but the whole freakin’ donut!
Join, create, and most importantly, GROW with us!
Further information about OddBird Studio can be found at www.oddbirdstudio.ca.
Questions regarding this role can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org