About OddBird Studio:
OddBird Studio is an independent game design studio, originating in Oakville, Ontario, Canada. Founded in 2016, we have developed games for arcades, homes, and community projects. We have won local and international awards recognizing our talent for designing games that bring people together through play.
Working alongside the art director and game designers, the technical artist will contribute to developing the art-production pipeline for a project. In addition, the technical artist will also be responsible for developing shaders and VFX systems which run efficiently and effectively in both a mobile and PC environment.
The main responsibilities of the position are to:
- Build custom shaders which reflect the art direction of the project
- Put in place and document the art production pipeline based on the development of shaders
- Collaborate with game designers, offering input and solutions regarding game feel using shaders and vfx
- Collaborate with the art team, offering art direction and technical solutions
- Develop unique or reusable VFX systems
- Ensure the art production is meeting the technical constraints of the projects and optimize graphic systems if required
- Produce art tests through shader development and 3d asset creation
- Gather, acknowledge, and respond to internal feedback
- Work collaboratively with team members from different disciplines
Minimum 3+ years as a Technical Artist in the gaming industry.
- A strong understanding of Unity and programming in C#
- A strong understanding of writing shaders or using a visual shader editor
- An understanding of vector math and physics fundamentals
- An understanding of game design and game feel
- A willingness to adapt and iterate on tasks
- Strong written and oral communication
- Creative thinking and problem solving
- A passion for video games
Submit your application via email to jobs[@]oddbirdstudio.ca. Include your name and the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Why OddBird Studio?
We have donuts, bagels and other holed foods!
We’re also a young company powered by big ideas, determination and a welcoming comradery. Our objective is to produce fun, stylish, and satisfying experiences which are suitable for the entire family. We are a highly collaborative team, respecting the voices of our entire team. At OddBird Studio you are not a timbit lost in the mix but the whole freakin’ donut!
Join, create, and most importantly, GROW with us!
Further information about OddBird Studio can be found at www.oddbirdstudio.ca.
Please note: Local candidates only. OddBird Studio does not provide relocation.
Questions regarding this role can be addressed to jobs[@]oddbirdstudio.ca