Based in Toronto, Ontario
September 21, 2017
Wielding only bows, players shoot, dodge and deflect arrows in this zany isometric archery game. Whether competing against other players online or teaming up against waves of enemies locally, Arrow Heads hands players unlimited arrows and drops them into chaotic environments to test their mastery behind the bow.
Arrow Heads began as a side project to be entered in an Ontario-wide University and College competition, the Level Up: Student Showcase. The objective behind developing Arrow Heads was to create a game that allowed its players to experience the classic fun and competitiveness of local multiplayer games. Using a unique shooting mechanic that simulated releasing an arrow, the design aimed to be approachable for new players to quickly learn the controls and hold their own against experienced opponents. Coupling this design, the fun art style and the exciting level of competition saw Arrow Heads winning both Best Overall Game and Artistic Achievement at the 2016 Level Up: Student Showcase. It is also the winner of the 2016 ESAC Student Game Competition and a semi-finalist for the 2016 Adobe Design Achievement Awards.
- Exciting, competitive online and local 2-4 player battles.
- Battle against a range of enemies in the cooperative 1-4 player wave challenge.
- Unlock characters, bows, and arrows.
- Battle in rich, interactive levels.
- Never stop playing with after-life flopping.
- Reak havoc with arrow power-ups.
Arrow Heads Annoucenment Trailer YouTube
Arrow Heads Game Modes YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Best Overall Game" Level Up: Student Showcase, 2016
- "Best Artistic Achievement" Level Up: Student Showcase, 2016
- "ESAC Student Game Competition Winner" E3, 2016
- "Semi-finalist" Adobe Design Achievement Awards, 2016
- "Pitch Contest Winner" EGLX, 2016
- "Official Selection - PAX Rising" Pax West, 2016
- "Official Selection - SXSW Student Showcase" SXSW, 2017
- "At EGLX I was pretty busy watching eSports events, conducting interviews, attending panels, buying swag. When the weekend ended, the only thing I wanted to go back to was Arrow Heads, and I couldn’t because there was always a queue. "
- Wyatt Hnatiw, TechRaptor
- "...winner of ESAC's annual Student Video Game Competition..."
- Julien Lavoie, News Wire
- "Unlike many other entries at the Level Up Student Showcase, Arrow Heads was developed by a group of 2nd year students over the course of five months during their spare time, while many of their competitors’ entries were final year curriculum projects."
- Sheridan Arts, Sheridan Arts Blog
- "The Oddbird Studio booth also stole the spotlight at this year’s EGLX. "
- Stephanie Lyell, Girls On Games
View our profile on Giant Bomb giantbomb.com.
About OddBird Studio
OddBird is an independent game design studio, from Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Founded in 2016, we have developed games for arcades, homes, and community projects. We have won local and international awards recognizing our talent for designing games that bring people together through play.
More information on OddBird Studio, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Arrow Heads Credits
3D Artist, Rigger
Level Designer, Sound Designer
Level Designer, 3D Artist
Audio 4N6 (P.J. Tremblay)
Composer, Sound Designer