3D Artist – Intern
About OddBird Studio:
OddBird Studio is an independent game design studio, originating in Oakville, Ontario, Canada. Founded in 2016, we have developed games for arcades, homes, and community projects. We have won local and international awards recognizing our talent for designing games that bring people together through play.
The 3D Artist will be responsible for the creation of game ready 3D environment assets and characters. In addition to contributing to the development of art assets, implementing and testing art assets in engine will be required.
Type of Position: Internship
- Duration: May 2019 – August 2019
- Hours: 9am-5pm, Monday – Friday
The main responsibilities of the position are to:
- Collaborate with the art team and offer feedback regarding art direction
- Create 3D environment assets and characters that align with the project’s art direction
- Create optimized UV maps for 3D assets
- Create textures and materials based on the given art and technical direction of the project
- Gather, acknowledge, and respond to internal feedback
- Work collaboratively with team members from different disciplines
- Strong traditional art skills and colour theory
- Strong knowledge of organic and hard-surface modeling, and UV mapping in Maya
- A firm understanding of a 3D production pipeline in Unity
- Knowledge of ZBrush would be a benefit
- An understanding of game design and game feel
- Strong written and oral communication
- Creative thinking and problem solving
- A passion for video games
Why OddBird Studio?
We have donuts, bagels and other holed foods!
We’re also a young company powered by big ideas, determination and a welcoming comradery. Our objective is to produce fun, stylish, and satisfying experiences which are suitable for the entire family. We are a highly collaborative team, respecting the voices of our entire team. At OddBird Studio you are not a timbit lost in the mix but the whole freakin’ donut!
Join, create, and most importantly, GROW with us!
Further information about OddBird Studio can be found at www.oddbirdstudio.ca.